A motor vehicle service is a series of maintenance procedures carried out at a set time interval or after the vehicle has travelled a certain distance. The service intervals are specified by the vehicle manufacturer in a service schedule and some modern cars display the due date for the next service electronically on the instrument panel.
The completed services are usually recorded in a service book which is rubber stamped by the service centre upon completion of each service. A complete service history usually adds to the resale value of a vehicle.
Maintenance tasks commonly carried out during a motor vehicle service include:
- Change the engine oil
- Replace the oil filter
- Replace the air filter
- Replace the fuel filter
- Replace the spark plugs
- Tune the engine
- Check level and refill brake fluid
- Check level and refill power steering fluid
- Check level and refill Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Grease and lubricate components
- Inspect and replace the timing belt if needed
- Check condition of the tires
Mechanical parts that may cause the car to cease transmission or prove unsafe for the road are also noted and advised upon.
In the United Kingdom, few parts that are not inspected on the MOT test are inspected and advised upon a Service Inspection.
- Car Battery
- Engine components (further inspections than MOT)
- Datum 14 Februari 2014
- Klant Themeforest
- Website themeforest.com
- Toekenning Best Envato Project